A couple of years ago I wrote an article called “Donkey Kong Country Trilogy, My Dream Game” never thinking that it would actually happen.Â Nor that a true sequel would actually happen.Â But this week I have been given an amazing gift from Nintendo.Â They announced a new DKC game at E3!Â This wasn’t the only game that surprised me at this E3 and I’ll be writing my response to a bunch of the games that Nintendo announced like I did last year.
This game, however, is enough for me to feel that Nintendo has won this years E3 Expo.Â I know that this is a selfish reason, though.Â I’m completely pumped about the game and look forward to jumping back into the DKC world when the game comes out this fall.Â The original is my all time favorite video game, and I loved the sequels as well.Â I just never dreamed that I would see another one so soon.
Controlled by a group of evil Tikis, the animals in Donkey Kong Island have raided Donkey Kong’s Banana Hoard and stolen his stash of bananas – and he understandably wants them back. Retro Studios brings Donkey Kongâ„¢ back in a new side-scrolling adventure with familiar characters and new levels that reignite the passion players had for the Super NESâ„¢ original.
- Retro Studios faithfully restores everything that made the original series great, from barrel cannons to mine carts, and then builds on those elements with stunning graphics and new layers of depth to the world and game play. The game offers the traditional side-scrolling experience everyone loved, but with levels created in fully rendered 3-D environments.
- Diddy Kongâ„¢ joins the quest. With his trusty backpack, he can produce a jet pack or Peanut Pop Guns to give Donkey Kong more abilities.
- For the first time ever, the franchise features the ability for two people to play together at the same time (additional accessories required and are sold separately) – one as Donkey Kong, one as Diddy Kong. Players can navigate the levels separately or as one unit. Diddy Kong can ride on Donkey Kong’s back and hop off whenever he pleases, allowing novice players to ride on Donkey Kong’s back through more challenging areas of the game.
- Hidden items, puzzle pieces and other surprises are found all through the jungle. Spell out K-O-N-G by the end of each level to earn an extra bonus.
- Motion controls give players a real feeling of control. Players move Donkey Kong using the Control Stick on the Nunchukâ„¢ controller and can shake the Wii Remoteâ„¢ controller to make Donkey Kong slap the ground.
- Vibrant colors, beautiful graphics and fun characters draw players in. Even people who have never played a Donkey Kong game before can pick up a controller and start collecting loads of bananas.
- Every level offers new fun and new challenges. Sometimes Donkey Kong is running through the jungle, sometimes his action takes place on a tropical beach and other times he must become a master of timing as he jumps chasms in a mine cart.